Join an innovative team to provide technical support and development in the health tech sector with Oslr!
Oslr brings together teachers and students, facilitating education centred around bedside teaching. With a focus on patients, our app provides access to clinicians in a real-time environment.
An opportunity has been created for a technical support and development, flexible working, role within the Oslr team. The key responsibilities are;
- Maintain and develop the system architecture
- Maintain and develop the app
- Maintain and develop the automated test suite
You need to
Be able to work flexibly within a collaborative team environment applying an entrepreneurial mind-set to problem solving, ideally being;
- Skilled in Ember and/or Ruby on Rails development environments, demonstrating the ability to think creatively to deliver elegant coding solutions.
- Familiar with server architecture such as Ubuntu Linux, Amazon S3, Faye and NginX
- Be able to understand existing system architecture and help design an upgraded architecture.
- Able to work with databases (e.g. MySQL)
You will get
- To work within a fun and fast paced team to deliver an exciting client project in the growing heath tech sector
- Initially the work involves a trial period of demonstrating your ability to understand and maintain the existing code base, plus the ability to understand the existing architecture and provide ideas on how this could be improved. With payment on a task completing basis
- The freedom to work part-time flexibly, with the commitment to attend weekly team meetings face to face or via conferencing
- Longer term there is the potential for further work and become part of the Oslr innovation story
What to do next